Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) $3500 Sign-on bonus available
$3500 SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE paid out half at 90 days, half at 180 days!
- To provide assigned residents with routine daily nursing care in accordance with established nursing care procedures, state and federal guidelines, and as directed by your supervisor.
- Assist with lifting, turning, moving, positioning and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- Assist residents with dressing and ensure that dependent residents are dressed in clean clothing appropriate for season and in good repair.
- Give or assist resident with bathing.
- Assist residents with daily dental and mouth care.
- Keep incontinent residents clean, dry and odor free; check every two hours to maintain.
- Assist residents with bowel and bladder functions.
- Position residents maintaining good body alignment.
- Keep residents dry, changing clothes and gowns when wet or soiled.
- Make beds and change bed linens when soiled.
- Shave male patients’ daily and female residents as needed.
- Keep resident’s finger and toenails clean and trimmed.
- Perform restorative and rehabilitative procedures as instructed.
- Assist resident with hair combing and brushing, shampooing and styling.
- Assist residents in preparing for activity and social programs and transport, accompany and participate when assigned.
- Maintain records accurately and timely.
- Chart timely and accurately in Point of Care (if applicable).
- Measure and record T, P, R, and weights as instructed.
- Observe and report the presence of skin breakdown or redness to the nurse.
- Observe and report any physical or emotional changes observed in the residents including any complaints or grievances made by the resident.
- Prepare resident for meals, assist serving food trays or feed as necessary and record/or report residents intake or acceptance of food.
- Serve between meal and bedtime snacks or nourishments.
- Attend all mandatory in-services and maintain 12 hours of training each year.
- Keep nurse call system within easy reach and answer call lights within 10 minutes.
- Report all hazardous conditions and equipment to the nurse immediately.
- Follow established safety precautions in performance of all duties.
- Wash hands before and after performing any service for the resident and follow infection control guidelines and universal precautions.
- Keep wheel chairs, tables, geri chairs, commodes and other resident equipment clean.
- Follow established isolation precautions and procedures.
- Review care plans daily to ensure provision of appropriate care.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident call information and ensure resident privacy.
- Treat all residents, families and visitors with kindness, dignity and respect.
- Perform all assigned tasks in accordance with policy and procedure and instruction of your supervisor.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and positive regard as well as a calm environment throughout the unit and shift.
- Adhere to all facility and department policies and procedures.
- Appropriate application and response to personal/door alarms.
- Receives supervision from Nursing Supervisor.
- Requires valid deemed nurse aide certification in the State of Illinois.
- Requires employee to have had no abuse records.
- Prompt and regular attendance.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to read, write, and spell and to understand and follow both written and oral directions.
- Ability to communicate and work well with residents and staff members.
- Ability to speak the English language in an understandable manner.
- Ability to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Ability to remain current in practice as applicable to job.
- Works in well lighted and ventilated areas throughout the facility, i.e. residents rooms, nurses stations, med rooms, tub rooms, dining rooms, lounges and corridors and hallways.
- Subject to frequent interruptions.
- Subject to involvement with personnel, visitors, state and federal agency personnel and residents.
- Provided with necessary protective equipment and devices and services to ensure safety including but not limited to gowns, gloves, goggles, shoe covers, handwashing facilities, masks, Hepatitis B vaccine.
in Burnham, United States