Job Type: Part-Time, 4 pm - 8 pm shift available, flexible days
- To assist the cook in providing nutritional meals by preparing and serving meals in an attractive manner, and maintaining a high standard of sanitation and safety.
- Stores food properly – in containers and off the floor.
- Correctly stores toxic items.
- Uses appropriate and timely handwashing techniques.
- Follows proper sanitation and infection control procedures.
- Covers food en route to the serving area.
- Delivers meals on time in an organized and efficient manner.
- Follows correct procedure for isolation trays.
- Obtains substitutes/increased portions as requested.
- Verifies resident tray with dietary card and resident.
- Follows safe and proper procedures for hot/steam carts.
- Delivers nourishment and dietary supplements to units per schedule.
- Provides fresh drinking water to all residents per schedule.
- Brings special eating utensils and equipment to the unit or dining room.
- Properly disposes of garbage and waste.
- Sanitizes food preparation equipment, dishes, utensils per Policy and Procedure.
- Maintains equipment in a clean, safe, functional manner.
- Return items to the proper place.
- Receives supervision from Dietary Manager/cook in charge.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Foodservice experience preferred.
- No records for abuse, neglect, or mistreatment or for misappropriation of property.
- Prompt and regular attendance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic Math skills when adjusting recipes, which included measuring and scaling.
- Ability to read, write and make simple calculations and follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to cook a variety of food in large quantities and be familiar with required seasonings and cooking time.
- Works in a well-lighted but hot, humid, and noisy area.
- Subject to interruptions.
- Subject to involvement with personnel, visitors, state and federal agency personnel, and residents.
- Frequent exposure to cleaning chemicals.
- Provided with necessary protective equipment and devices.
- Frequent change between hot and cold work areas.
in Westmont, United States