Full Time and Part Time positions available!
Part-time shift available: 4 pm - 8 pm on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday
Full-time shifts available:
- 9 am - 5 pm with rotating weekends
- 10 am - 6 pm with rotating weekends
Full-Time Activity Aide must be CNA certified or willing to obtain a certificate in 120 days after hire
To carry out activities which meet the needs of all residents.
- Assist in planning and implementation of individual and group activities.
- Carries out activities part of care plan.
- Incorporates residents’ interests into activities and discussion.
- Gives residents opportunities for choices and self-expression.
- Makes contact with each resident on his/her unit daily.
- Makes suggestions for new and varied activities.
- Identifies and provides adaptive devices for those with sensory deficits (i.e., large-print books, tape recorders).
- Promotes self-esteem and social interaction with residents.
- Provides activities for those with special needs (i.e., depressed terminally ill, bedridden).
- Encourages participation and involvement of all residents.
- Posts monthly and weekly schedules per Activity Director.
- Updates and changes schedules and R. O. boards per Activity Director.
- Prepares for and participates in resident care conference.
- Maintains a clean work and storage area.
- Uses proper body mechanics
- Follows proper infection control practices.
- Observes for resident safety when in resident care areas.
- Charts legibly, with standard grammar and spelling.
- Adheres to legal requirements and proper policies and procedures in documentation.
- Prepares sites and materials for activities.
- Maintains equipment in safe and functional condition.
- Treats residents and staff with respect and dignity.
- Adheres to all facility and department safety policies and procedures.
- Receives supervision from Activity Director.
- No records for abuse, neglect or mistreatment or for misappropriation of property.
- Prompt and regular attendance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Ability to read, write and make simple calculations and follow oral and written directions.
- Works in well lighted and noisy area.
- Subject to interruptions.
- Subject to involvement with personnel, visitors, state and federal agency personnel and residents.
- Provided with necessary protective equipment and devices.
- Frequent change between hot and cold work areas.
in Westmont, United States