Part-time position available!
Provides a clean and sanitary environment for staff and residents using proper policies and procedures.
- Wet mops resident rooms and bathrooms daily.
- Uses “Wet Floor” signs and other cautions as indicated.
- Dusts in assigned work areas.
- Cleans draperies and privacy curtains.
- Cleans resident beds and closets per schedule.
- Sanitizes resident unit using proper policies and procedures.
- Washes windows and mirrors per schedule.
- Cleans vaporizers per policies and procedures.
- Properly sanitizes resident utensils in a timely manner.
- Shampoos and cleans carpeting per schedule and prn.
- Labels all compounds and chemicals properly and stores them in locked storage areas.
- Follows user directions for all compounds and chemicals.
- Uses proper body mechanics
- Follows proper infection control practices.
- Follows proper hand washing practices.
- Washes walls and ceilings.
- Keeps ash trays and wastebaskets emptied.
- Adheres to cleaning duties and schedule for area assigned.
- Disposes of garbage safely, promptly, and in a sanitary manner.
- Reports promptly any indication of rodents and other pests.
- Maintains clean storage area.
- Stores cleaning rags in closed metal containers.
- Observes for resident safety when in resident care areas.
- Maintains fire aisles when using cleaning cart.
- Observes, reports, and intervenes in potential fire/safety hazards.
- Ensures one chair with arms per resident per room.
- Returns folding chairs to proper place when not in use.
- Treats residents and staff with respect and dignity.
- Adheres to all facility and department safety policies and procedures.
- Supervision Received
- Receives supervision from Housekeeping Supervisor.
- No records for abuse, neglect or mistreatment or for misappropriation of property.
- Prompt and regular attendance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to read, write and make simple calculations and follow oral and written directions.
- Knowledge of principles and requirements of sanitation and safety in handling housekeeping tasks and equipment.
in Chicago Heights, United States