Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
$1,500 SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE!
Salary: $26.50 - $32.00
- Under the direction of the physician, is responsible for total nursing care to all residents on assigned unit during the assigned shift including responsibility for delegation of duties, resident nursing care, staff performance and adherence by staff members to facility policies and procedures.
- Participate in the development and implementation of an individualized patient care plan for the resident with allied health team members.
- Implement total nursing care plan through assessment, planning and evaluation.
- Administer prescribed medications and treatments according to policy and procedures; evaluate treatment effectiveness on a continuing basis.
- Assist in maintaining a physical, social and psychological environment, which is conducive to the overall welfare of the resident.
- Participate in resident and family teaching.
- Monitor performance of team members and become involved in staff development, evaluation and discipline when indicated.
- Assign nursing care duties to team members and ensure such duties are completed in an appropriate manner.
- Remain current in facility policies, procedures and nursing trends by participating in inservice and continuing education programs.
- Recognize significant changes in the condition of residents and take necessary action.
- Document nursing care rendered, resident response, and all other pertinent and necessary data as outlined in facility's policies and procedures
- Function as a charge nurse by serving as a resource person to staff, answer questions, problem solve, and make decisions relevant to resident care.
- Adhere to all facility and department safety policies and procedures.
Receives supervision from the Director of Nursing, Assistant Director of Nursing, and/or the Nursing supervisor.
- Graduation from an accredited nursing education program.
- Illinois registration as a licensed nurse.
- Requires employee to have had no abuse records.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate and work well with patients and staff members
- Ability to follow facility policies and procedures.
- Ability to speak the English language in an understandable manner.
- Ability to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Ability to remain current in practice as applicable to job.
- Works in well lighted and ventilated areas throughout the facility, i.e. resident’s rooms, nurse’s stations, med rooms, tub rooms, dining rooms, lounges and corridors and hallways.
- Subject to frequent interruptions.
- Subject to involvement with personnel, visitors, state and federal agency personnel and residents.
- Provided with necessary protective equipment and devices and services to ensure safety including but not limited to gowns, gloves, goggles, shoe covers, handwashing facilities, masks, Hepatitis B vaccine.
This description has been prepared to assist in properly evaluating various classes of responsibilities, skills, working conditions, etc., present in the classification. It is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and characteristic levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities. Nor is it intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind and level of difficulty.
in Chicago Heights, United States