Weekend Nursing Supervisor
Sign On Bonus $3000, Competitive pay!
Position is for 7am to 7pm. Every other weekend
The primary purpose is to assist the Administrator and DON in planning, organizing, and ensuring the quality improvement program of the facility to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times, as directed by the Administrator or the Director of Nursing. Reports to DON.
RN Evening Supervisor Essential Job Functions:
Every effort has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is a logical assignment to the position.
RN Evening Supervisor Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Will assist the Assistant Director of Nursing in the absence of the DON.
- Will review and assist in the day to day planning, developing, organizing of the nursing department as it pertains to all governing rules.
- Day to day clinical hands on training will be provided by the Director of Nursing or her designee.
- Ensure that staff is providing competent and effective care
- Ensure that all mandatory In-Services are scheduled and maintained as assigned by DON/Designee
- All documentation will be reviewed for:
- Regulatory Compliance
- Ascertain any areas that need further education in regards to documentation.
- Charting is being maintained per policy and procedures.
Electronic Health Record
- Ensure competency of all nursing personnel in the various areas of input of the EHR.
- Review on a daily basis the DashBoard and 24-hour report to assure compliance and accuracy of all documentation as stated in the policies and procedures.
- Review all new admissions as assigned using Admission Triple Check List
- Assure that all admissions/room changes/discharges have been entered into the EHR for an accurate census.
- Follow up on any circumstances that were identified in 24-hour report.
- Review that face sheet is complete.
- Review that the Physician Orders are accurate and all orders have been followed.
- Review MARs/TARS to assure accuracy and identify medication errors.
- Review all labs/xrays that have been entered into the EHR and that physician has been notified.
- Review all results, labs, x-rays, physician visits, etc.
- Review all dietary changes has been noted
- Assure Vitals and Weights are being entered according to policy
- Assure that proper documentation is sent with the resident to all appointments and that all documentation is reviewed upon return.
- Assure that processes are for any outside appointments dialysis etc. that may be needed for a resident.
- Review areas of concern as identified in the survey process.
- Develop monitoring tools to assure concerned areas have processes in place.
- Track and Trend all other areas as identified by the administration to bring to the Quality Assurance for review
Incidents and Accidents
- Assure proper investigation has taken place for all incidents and accidents.
- All data should be reviewed for accuracy, timeliness in investigation, and implementation of any processes to prevent reoccurrence of incidents.
- Administrator/Director of Nursing will work with Supervisor regarding notifying Department of Public Health.
- Any potential abuse will be reported immediately to the Administrator and DON.
- All documentation will be reviewed regarding any accidents/incidents.
- Notification of appropriate parties will be monitored for compliance.
- Any follow up will be monitored by Supervisor
- Education will be provided by the Director of Nursing or designee.
- Infection Control policies will be maintained.
- Infection Control committee will meet to determine if any of the infections are preventable.
- All results of tracking and trending will be brought to the Quality Assurance Meetings.
- Education will be provided when needed.
- Monitor appropriate nursing documentation has been maintained.
- Monitor for effective hand hygiene,
- Ensure that good infection control practices are exercised by staff at all times
- Provide guidance and education as needed
- Participate in the weekend administrative duty schedule as assigned
- Perform daily rounds to identify potential issues clinical or environmental
- When asked will attend care plan meetings
- Complete any medical forms, reports, evaluations, or charting as needed.
- Make rounds with physicians as needed
- Greet new admissions on a daily basis.
- Work with administrative staff investigating any complaints.
- Monitor all nursing personnel for compliance with dress code, and safety awareness.
Maintain all HIPAA guidelines for confidentiality.
Any other duties as assigned by the DON and/or Administrator.
Job Type: Full-time
in Palos Hills, United States