Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON)
Assistant Director of Nursing - RN (ADON)
A leading provider of both short-term rehabilitation and long-term medical care, we are dedicated to providing the highest quality of care for each patient we serve. Our ideal candidates will share our passion for providing quality healthcare and are looking to build a career with a company that is truly making a difference.
Qualified individuals will be trained for this unique opportunity. Individuals must be focused on patient-centered care, quality outcomes, and customer service. The individual will be expected to provide quality customer service and a never say “no” attitude.
As the ADON you will be responsible for assisting the DON in planning, organizing, and directing the day-to-day functions of the Nursing department to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Must be a strong communicator.
- Must be organized and have the ability to prioritize work.
- Must know how to use organization policies and procedures.
- Requires knowledge of using a multi-line phone system, fax machines, copy machines, computer, and paging systems.
- Leads coordination and oversights of nursing and STRIVE team.
- Assist other team members on the management team in leading directing others as necessary.
- Coordinate with other departments to enhance patient care.
- Provide input and ideas on improvement to nurses and managers.
- Never says “not my patient” or “not my job”.
- Customer service focus to meet the needs of patients and anticipate upcoming needs. Do not leave an issue unresolved and sees issues through to resolution.
- Positive attitude, no negativity or gossip.
- Greet and acknowledge all patients and visitors at every encounter.
- 5-Star approach to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Must be a critical thinker and able to make concrete clinical decisions.
- General knowledge of short-term rehabilitation goals and objectives.
- Able to educate family and patients on diagnosis, medications, and other clinical services.
- Requires the ability to do detailed work correctly and function under and handle stress.
- CPR certified. Capable and comfortable with all additional nursing equipment.
Nurse Specific Requirements:
- REGISTERED NURSE (RN) in the State of Illinois and in good standing
- 2 year of experience in long term care or hospital setting, preferred
- Previous experience as a DON or ADON highly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Patient care focus
- Medical and Dental
- Vacation/Holiday/Personal/Sick Time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Appreciation Programs
Job Type: Full-time
in Belleville, United States