Rehabilitation Services Associate (RSA)
To support assigned consumers with routine daily care to promote independence in accordance with the consumer’s stated recovery plan.
- Assist with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and transporting consumers into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- Supervise consumers with dressing and ensure that dependent consumers are dressed in clean clothing appropriate for the season and in good condition.
- Supervise or assist a resident with bathing.
- Assist consumers with daily dental and mouth care.
- Keep incontinent consumers clean, dry, and odor-free; check every two hours to maintain.
- Assist consumers with bowel and bladder functions.
- Position consumers maintaining good body alignment.
- Keep consumers dry, changing clothes and gowns when wet or soiled.
- Make beds and change bed linens when soiled.
- Shave male patients daily and female consumers as needed.
- Keep resident’s finger and toenails clean and trimmed.
- Assist resident with hair combing and brushing, shampooing, and styling.
- Assist consumers in preparing for activity and social programs and transport, accompany and participate when assigned.
- Maintain records accurately and timely.
- Chart timely and accurately
- Measure and record T, P, R, and weights as instructed.
- Observe and report the presence of skin breakdown or redness to the nurse.
- Observe and report any physical or emotional changes observed in the consumers including any complaints or grievances made by the resident.
- Prepare residents for meals, assist in serving food trays or feed as necessary, and record/or report consumers’ intake or acceptance of food.
- Serve between meal and bedtime snacks or nourishments.
- Attend all mandatory in-services and maintain 12 hours of training each year.
- Keep nurse call system within easy reach and answer call lights within 10 minutes.
- Report all hazardous conditions and equipment to the nurse immediately.
- Follow established safety precautions in the performance of all duties.
- Wash hands before and after performing any service for the resident and follow infection control guidelines and universal precautions.
- Keep wheelchairs, tables, commodes, and other resident equipment clean.
- Follow established isolation precautions and procedures.
- Review care plans daily to ensure the provision of appropriate care.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident call information and ensure resident privacy.
- Treat all consumers, families, and visitors with kindness, dignity, and respect.
- Perform all assigned tasks in accordance with policy and procedure and instruction of your supervisor.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and positive regard as well as a calm environment throughout the unit and shift.
- Adhere to all facility and department policies and procedures.
- Appropriate application and response to personal/door alarms.
Receives supervision from Nursing Supervisor.
- Requires employee to have had no abuse records.
- Prompt and regular attendance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to read, write, and spell and to understand and follow both written and oral directions.
- Ability to communicate and work well with consumers and staff members.
- Ability to speak the English language in an understandable manner.
- Ability to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Ability to remain current in practice as applicable to the job.
- Works in well-lighted and ventilated areas throughout the facility, i.e. consumers rooms, nurses stations, med rooms, tub rooms, dining rooms, lounges and corridors, and hallways.
- Subject to frequent interruptions.
- Subject to involvement with personnel, visitors, state and federal agency personnel, and consumers.
- Provided with necessary protective equipment and devices and services to ensure safety including but not limited to gowns, gloves, goggles, shoe covers, handwashing facilities, masks, Hepatitis B vaccine.
This description has been prepared to assist in properly evaluating various classes of responsibilities, skills, working conditions, etc., present in the classification. It is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and characteristic levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities. Nor is it intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind and level of difficulty.
in Waukegan, United States