Job Type: Part Time
Maintenance Primary Responsibilities:
Create positive, memorable customer experiences, every day, through effective interaction and by following through on the position’s requirements.
Handle the overall maintenance of the facility by following the preventative maintenance plan, ensuring all apartments, community areas, employee areas, and offices are in full working condition, troubleshooting problems and emergencies as they arise, and maintaining the facility in a clean and pleasant condition.
Maintenance Essential Job Functions:
- Respond to customer needs in a friendly, timely manner and with a focus on creating a positive customer experience.
- Conduct preventive maintenance (PM) to ensure proper functioning, operation, and maintenance of all equipment, including HVAC, plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Maintain all exterior areas of the community not covered by third-party contracts to achieve exceptional facility appearance.
- Troubleshoot heating and air conditioning repairs, including installing thermostats, changing filters, changing heating control operators, and replacing thermocouples.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical needs, including changing ballasts, light bulbs, breakers, and fuses.
- Troubleshoot and repair plumbing issues, including replacements of wax bowl rings, tank parts, pop-ups, supply lines, toilets, sinks, and soldering of copper pipes.
- Complete routine inspections of vacated apartments and quarterly apartment inspections for safety compliance.
- Repair and replace tile floors, doors, and cabinetry.
- Patch, repair and replace drywall and paint as necessary.
- Operate and use floor care machinery and products, including buffing machines, floor scrubbers, and mops to maintain exceptional facility appearance.
- Clean carpets, furniture, including spot removal and use of a carpet extractor.
- Operate a key-making machine to duplicate apartment and facility keys.
- Chart, record, and track all cleaning and paper supplies, including maintaining accurate and updated Material Safety Data Sheets on all chemicals.
- Fill out, maintain compliance, and produce forms requested by the Illinois Department of Public Aid or any other inspectors.
- Respond to after-hours facility emergencies within fifteen (15) minutes.
Maintenance Additional Duties:
- Engage residents and connect with them in a genuine, compassionate, and memorable way.
- Assist with set up of meeting areas by placing and removing chairs, tables, and other equipment.
- Engage in continuous learning and development opportunities through attendance and participation in in-service, educational seminars, staff meetings, and other learning experiences.
- Comply with all rules and regulations regarding confidentiality and privacy of employee and resident information.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as required.
- Must demonstrate empathy and compassion to connect with customers.
- Must be flexible to travel to other facilities.
- Must be inspired to serve the needs of our customers.
- Must use imagination and creativity to motivate self and others.
- Knowledge and troubleshooting skills in the areas of electrical maintenance, plumbing, heating & air conditioning, carpentry, and mechanical repairs.
- Previous experience in building maintenance.
- Must have the ability to read, write and follow the oral and written direction in the English language at a level adequate to perform the job duties.
- Must maintain and encourage a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that promotes cooperation with co-workers, managers, and others with whom contact is made.
- Must have appropriate service orientation, demonstrate competency and professionalism.
- Ability to handle several tasks and respond effectively to unexpected changes, requests, and stressful situations.
- Ability to multi-task job responsibilities.
- Able to maintain regular attendance.
- Ability to effectively handle stressful situations and work well under pressure.
- Must be capable of performing the essential job functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, bend, talk and hear. The employee is required to walk and balance. The employee will occasionally be required to climb stairs. The employee is required to use hand and finger to touch, handle and feel, and is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to lift and/or move objects up to 70 pounds. Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Works in both interior and external areas with exposure to season-related weather conditions. Requires walking, standing, and sitting up to 100% of the time. Subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, staff, visitors, etc.
in Westmont, United States