BRIA of Westmont is seeking a Unit Clerk to join our dynamic healthcare team! As a leading provider of both short-term and long-term medical and rehabilitation care, we are dedicated to providing the highest quality of care for each patient. Our ideal Clerk will share our passion for providing quality healthcare.
Assist nursing staff with clerical tasks for the efficient administration of the nursing unit.
- Transcribe physician orders completing necessary forms, requisitions and communications.
- Prepare charts for admissions, transfers, and discharges.
- Maintain resident charts inappropriate and sequential order.
- File reports on charts inappropriate place.
- Initiate paperwork for consultations, transfer of the patient to another facility, etc.
- Receive, greet, and direct residents, visitors, and hospital personnel.
- Check and order supplies from receiving, central supply, pharmacy, and dietary.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe environment in nursing staff and physician work areas.
- Maintain unit manuals with the most recent information, policies, and procedures.
- Receive, place and transfer telephone calls using appropriate telephone etiquette.
- Participate in in-service, unit meetings, and orientation of new staff.
- Input data into a computer and retrieve data as necessary.
- Replace nursing employees.
- Order lab tests, maintain a calendar of current "standing orders".
- Pick up and deliver internal mail.
- Track physician visits/consults, ensure timely visits. Prepare paperwork required.
- Assist with physician order sheet checking and MAR, TAR checking.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Adhere to all Department of Commerce, county, and department safety policies and procedures.
- Current CNA Certification.
- The employee must not have any waivers.
- Must have strong computer skills.
- Remain current in practice as applicable to the job.
- Prompt and regular attendance.
in Westmont, United States