$1000 SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE!
Provides support for resident's daily needs in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, facility policies and as may be directed by the Charge Nurse, Supervisor, Assistant Director of Nursing, Director of Nursing or Administrator to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
- Ambitions toward completion of a nursing course in an accredited nurse aide training program.
- Be at least 16 years of age, of temperate habits and good moral character, honest, reliable, and, trustworthy
- Demonstrates interest and/or knowledge in caring for the ill, disabled, and elderly. Must be able to deal tactfully with customers, family members, visitors, personnel, etc.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in an understandable manner.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability and willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must be personable, enthusiastic, and compassionate.
- Must be able to perform multi-tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
- Must be able to cope the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of the position can be fully met.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity and the ability to work effectively with residents, visitors, personnel, and support agencies.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
- May be required to lift, push, pull, and move equipment, supplies, etc., in excess of fifty (50) pounds throughout the day.
- Ensures that all facility procedures and protocols are followed in accordance with established policies, including dress code.
- Provides non-direct care assistance with resident needs/requests.
- Assists in providing information to the nurse relative to the resident's plan of care.
- Reports all concerns and/or complaints made by the resident or their family to the Administrator.
- Makes rounds to assure residents are safe and comfortable.
- Maintains an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the department.
- Participates in In-service Education Programs.
- Assists in the movement of residents throughout the building by getting them to therapy, activities, dining room, etc.
- Makes recommendations as needed to the nurse relative to the equipment and supply needs of the resident.
- Inventories and stores the new resident's personal possessions.
- Assists residents with packing personal possessions when they are transferred to a new room or when being discharged.
- Participates in and receives the shift report upon reporting for duty.
- Stocks the isolation carts for each resident on isolation and empties the bins in the room when full, according to infection control policies.
- Makes unoccupied beds, changes bed linens, and straightens rooms, closet, and drawers. Notifies housekeeping if mattress is in need of cleaning or replacement.
- Answers call lights promptly, answers telephone calls as needed and runs errands as requested.
- Performs personal laundry duties for each resident which may include completing their Personal Clothing List, hand washing some of their articles or placing some of their items through the wash cycle when these personal laundry facilities are available.
- Reports any skin abnormalities or bruising to the Staff Nurse when identified.
- Observes resident's physical condition, attitude, reactions, appetite, etc., and reports any changes and/or unusual findings to the Nurse/RCC so care plan can be updated and a clinical assessment can be initiated.
- Performs personal services for residents (i.e., reading, writing letters, etc.) as time allows.
- Encourages residents to help themselves and promotes self-care in aiding rehabilitation.
- Assists with needs/requests of dying residents.
- Assists in the dining room with tray service and serves trays to the resident's room as requested. Reports any observed changes in resident's eating habits to the Staff Nurse.
- Keeps resident's water pitchers clean and filled with fresh water on each shift unless contraindicated.
- Serves between meals and bedtime snacks.
- Keeps the nurses' call system within easy reach of the resident.
- Reports all hazardous equipment and conditions to the Staff Nurse immediately.
- Observes appropriate infection control policies and procedures including but not limited to proper hand washing and adherence to isolation room/resident precautions.
- Participates in the development, maintenance and implementation of the facility’s Quality Assurance program for the Nursing Department.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
in Geneva, United States