At BRIA of Chicago Heights, a leading provider of both short-term and long-term medical and rehabilitation care, we are dedicated to providing the highest quality of care for each patient we serve. Our ideal candidates will share our passion for providing quality healthcare and are looking to build a career with a company that is truly making a difference.
As a Restorative Nurse, you will provide quality nursing care through assessing patient health problems and needs, developing and implementing nursing care plans, and coordinating restorative programming and documentation to promote quality outcomes for the residents entrusted to our care. The Restorative Nurse will be responsible for supervising and educating restorative staff and nurses aides in restorative care and completing restorative nursing documentation in the EHR, to include but not limited to ADL daily documentation, Restorative nursing programs, and monthly and quarterly restorative progress notes.
Job Type: Full Time, Day Shift
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Must be a strong communicator.
- Must be organized and have the ability to prioritize work.
- Must know how to use organization policies and procedures.
- Leads coordination of care for restorative programs.
- Assist other team members, including nurses and CNA’s, in their work as necessary and as directed by the management team.
- Coordinate with other departments to enhance patient care.
- Provide input and ideas on improvement to DON and Administrator
- Customer service focus to meet the daily needs of patients and anticipate upcoming needs. Does not leave an issue unresolved and sees issues through to resolution.
- Positive attitude, no negativity or gossip.
- Greet and acknowledge all patients and visitors at every encounter.
- 5-Star approach to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Must be a critical thinker and able to make concrete clinical decisions.
- General knowledge of short-term rehabilitation goals and objectives.
- Able to educate family and patients on diagnosis, medications, and other clinical services.
- Capable of initiating and updating care plans as a part of the day to day patient care.
- Requires the ability to do detailed work correctly and function under and handle stress.
- CPR certified. Capable and comfortable with all additional nursing equipment.
- Basic understanding of therapy equipment and modalities.
- Thorough understanding of Restorative Nursing and MDS.
Nurse Specific Requirements:
- Licensed Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Illinois and in good standing
- 1 year of experience in long term care or hospital setting, preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Patient care focus
- Some Restorative Nursing experience is preferred
- Medical Insurance
- Vacation/Holiday/Sick Time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Appreciation Programs
- 401K with Match
in South Chicago Heights, United States